Friday 19 December 2008

Pto Guadal to Villa Cerro Castillo

I made it to Puerto Guadal. I made a phone call to Susy´s sister and stocked up with some provisions (tuna). It was so hot again, I decided to sit in a stream I found and have a wash. I smelt a bit! I filled the water bottles and just before R7 I met two guys on motorbikes from Britain. We exchanged details about road conditions and where you could get food. I was now on the official Caraterra Austral.
Due to the long wait for shops to open in Pto Guadal I fell short of Pto Rio Tranquilo. Still I had the food and water. The next day I had to turn off the main road, if you can call it main or a road! I had lunch in Bahia Murta, Roast Lamb, potatoes and with second helpings all for 3.50. Bargain, and a relief from tinned tuna.
I was now heading due North and making decent progress. The road conditions worsened.

After several days of fantastic views I eventually made it to Villa Cerro Castillo, and a thankfull change to the rough, soft, loose dirt road to the stuff real roads are made from. I met another couple who where cycling from Colombia South. So I wasn´t alone in my mad desire to cycle along this route. The roads had their moments.
stayed at a Hospedaje, Don Niba, in Cerro Castillo. Lovely food and very hospitable. I would soon find myself in populated country.




No comments:

Post a Comment